Table of contents
As I come across stuff on the internet (usually Twitter), I retweet and will copy the links here.
Please research the below information for accuracy and legitimacy. Please let me know either in the comments or on Twitter if this information is inaccurate or if you'd like to add anything.
This is a living document and will be updated as I learn about more resources.
Find a Verified Abortion Provider. With more than 700 health centers, AbortionFinder.org features the most comprehensive directory of trusted (and verified) abortion service providers in the United States.
Our volunteer pilots transport passengers at no cost to access the healthcare they need.
Elevated Access is powered by donors, and pilots who offer their time, aircraft and resources to transport people to states where they can get abortions and gender-affirming care.
If you need an abortion, help is available to make sure you get the care you need. Call 1-800-230-PLAN or visit AbortionFinder.org.
Trans Lifeline provides trans peer support for our community that’s been divested from police since day one. We’re run by and for trans people.
They offer resources and funding for gender-affirming care, including finder tools.
In Our Own Voice: National Black Women’s Reproductive Justice Agenda is a national-state partnership focused on lifting up the voices of Black women leaders at the national and regional levels in our fight to secure Reproductive Justice for all women, femmes, and girls. Our eight strategic partners are Black Women for Wellness, Black Women’s Health Imperative, New Voices for Reproductive Justice, SisterLove, Inc. SisterReach, SPARK Reproductive Justice NOW, The Afiya Center and Women With A Vision.
The Brigid Alliance is a referral-based service that provides people seeking abortions with travel, food, lodging, child care and other logistical support: How to get support Transportation. We book and pay for transportation. Lodging. We book and pay for hotel stays.
The Haven Coalition is a 501c3 non-profit made up of volunteers dedicated to supporting people traveling to New York City for abortions. Our volunteers provided a safe place to sleep the night between appointments, dinner, and an escort to and from the clinic. Volunteers can also be available to escort people living in the five boroughs home from an abortion appointment after receiving anesthesia. The staff at the clinic will contact us to make arrangements.
Their tagline: Abortion at home, in any state.
Mayday is a registered health education nonprofit. Abortion pills are safe, effective and approved by the FDA to end first trimester pregnancy at home.
Find an abortion. Offers Spanish on their website.
The national network of abortion funds is here to connect you with organizations that can support your financial and logistical needs as you arrange for your abortion.
They are also accepting donations, so if you're in a position to help, you can help fund abortions.
They offer a helpline to get free legal advice about abortions: reprolegalhelpline.org/sma-contact-the-help..
Plan C provides up-to-date information on how people in the U.S. are accessing at-home abortion pill options online.
They're an educational resource for learning about how to access abortion pills. They do not sell pills.
M+A Hotline has information to help you self-manage your miscarriage or abortion. They offer information in English and Spanish and are available between 8AM to 11PM in all continental US time zones.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation created a post that is technologically focused: eff.org/deeplinks/2022/06/security-and-priv..
Given that abortions are illegal in some states, data around such can be considered incriminating. This article goes into detail about what you can do to protect your potentially-incriminating data.
Alternative Period trackers
- Euki -> doesn't store data on any servers, only your device, offers PIN code protection, and a fake PIN code screen in case someone forces you to open the app. Available for Android and iOS.
- Drip (open-source) -> an open-source period tracker available for Android that stores the data on your phone.
- Spot on by Planned Parenthood. This one says it's anonymous if you don't sign up, which makes me assume that if you do sign up it is not anonymous and your data is on their servers, which the government may be able to forcefully access with a warrant.
- I'm building Trackrrr but it's not yet ready or published. It doesn't have permission to access the internet, the data is saved to your phone, and it supports importing and exporting to/from CSV should you need to migrate to/from another app. If you're an Android user and want early access, you can email me at techygrrrl (at) proton.me or DM me on Twitter
Worthy Mentions, Somewhat related info
I don't know if you can get emergency contraception / abortion pills here, but Mark Cuban's CostPlusDrugs initiative offers meds for much lower prices to Americans.
"Everyone should have safe, affordable medicines with transparent prices."
Please be careful when going out to protest ❤️ (trigger warning)
Please be careful when going out to protest. ❤️
Trigger warning: Content below, especially linked sources, include violence against protestors
Please proceed with caution.
- Police have tear gassed protesters in Arizona without warning (ref)
- a man in a pickup truck ran over protestors in Iowa (video and article)
- off-duty cops are punching women in the face at the protests in Rhode Island: "Jennifer Rourke, Rhode Island Political Cooperative Chairwoman and a state Senate candidate, told the Providence Journal she was punched in the face at least twice by Jeann Lugo, the officer who had also been her challenger in the state Senate race." (ref)